- Not a huge fan of Oblivion so far. Graphics are nice, it's about a million times better than Morrowind (which I was hooked on for a while) and the openness of it is pretty decent too. But you know, I can't handle openness. I need structure in my games - I need purpose, or else I'm going to spend five hours looking around for stupid herbs because this guy asked me to. And I'm going to hate every minute of it, but I feel like I have to do it. It isn't even that I want a linear game - just not an open plain.
- So I know that everyone can't wait for 12 more days when we don't need to hear about politics all day long. But didn't it start a year after the last Presidential election? We're never going to completely get away from it. Sometimes I want to become a hermit.
- Everyone's saying about how if the Tampa Bay Rays can get to the World Series, the Pirates can. But the Tampa Bay Rays have something going for them - they aren't a bunch of dumb *#$@s.
- Hinterland is an interesting game. It's too bad they couldn't add an extra layer of complexity and do multiplayer. That would be crazy awesome and a whole lot more fun. Even single player against AI with a town on the other side would be sweet. As it is, I've played through the game 3 different times, and it's losing its luster already. It was fun, but it could have used more depth.
- Economic downturns are necessary parts of capitalism. There are tons of bad businesses out there who just made a living off of the fruits of others. When the economy goes down, yes it means unemployment and bad times for a lot of people. But it also means weeding out the crap. Good businesses will stay lean and make it through stronger than ever before. I hope we're one of em.
- Team Fortress II. Way too much fun for its own good.
- You can now buy a 30 GB solid state drive for under $150 that boots Windows Vista in less than 7 seconds. It's so fast that people are overheating their CPUs because the CPU is used to waiting for the hard drive, and now that it doesn't have too it has to work too hard. In about a year, it will be feasible for even poor folks like me to have their OS and games installed on an 80GB solid state disk. What's even the point of RAM then?
- What's the regular hard drive companies' response to the solid state drives? A terabyte drive available for under $100. Two years ago, it was $2 per gig. Now it's $10. Absolutely nuts. Can't wait til Black Friday.
- Hockey is twice as much fun to watch than football. Football is 10 times more fun to watch than baseball. Suddenly I don't mind if the Pirates suck as long as the Steelers and Penguins don't.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force has made a comeback in my life. Friggin hilarious. www.mcpeepants.com. I read that the new Family Guys are incredibly good - anyone confirm that? If so, I'll have to check em out.
- If you're bored, check out our Ethix Systems newsletters at newsletter.ethixsystems.com. You might learn something.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Super Random Blog Post
Lots of random ramblings, so try to keep up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow incredibly random is right. The only thing I'm going to say is that solid state drives are fast, but regular RAM is still much faster. Have you tried out RB2 yet? It's nice, but more of an evolution rather than revolution. Still RB2 party in the future! :-)
Dang it, I knew I forgot something. Yeah we tried it, and it was a very frustrating experience. The new video/audio synchronization tools didn't work so well, so we couldn't get the drums to sync up right. As a result, the combination of the initial songs being not so great and the frustration of not being able to play them made it an overall disappointing first time. If we get it synced up right, it'll be a lot more fun, especially once we get to the good songs. But until then, I remain disappointed.
Yeah I did the whole auto synchronization thing too and it felt way off from what I had RB1 set at. I've played a couple of times and am sorta getting used to it, but I still feel like it's a little off.
Hey Dan, sorry to hear about the Oblivion disappointment, its about as open of a game as you can get. I spent probably 70 hours on the game, and hadnt even started the main quest line. I havent seen any of the new ATHF, but I do have all of this seasons Family Guy's DVR'd. They are quite humorous. I wasnt thrilled with RB2 the other night, but again, we were only playing the first couple sets. I am still trying to decide if i should pick up GHWT or RB2. Any input would be appreciated. The Pirates are nothing more than a farm team...GO PENS! I think ill be picking up Fallout 3 next week, hopefully it feeds my hunger for a new RPG.
Post a Comment