- I can't decide if I'm pissed off enough at Gametap to cancel my service. I bought a month of it for $1, only to realize that I can't play it on my computer because I'm running 64 bit Windows. It also won't work on our business laptop because the graphics are supposedly not good enough, even though it meet specifications. However, it works on our spare computer, and quite frankly it's awesome. I've tried some games that I haven't played in forever (Lords of the Realm 2), some games I've always wanted to try (Fallout), some games I've never heard of that rocked (Beyond Good and Evil), and a game that I am now addicted to - Puzzlequest - more on that later.
- As a watcher of Sesame Street when I was a kid, I recently found some old classics on YouTube. And they are hilarious to watch now. Try watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7cWBrGAIcc or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3Hh8nvn4k and keep a straight face.
- For anyone who enjoys watching the NFL, you need to read Bill Simmons at least once a week. Here's his most recent article - http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081107.
- I haven't played Rock Band or Guitar Hero in over 2 weeks. The problem is, we have a neighbor who goes to sleep at like 8:00 PM, and if we make ANY noise whatsoever, he starts banging on the wall. The guy needs to realize that if he's living in a townhouse and wants to sleep that early, he needs to invest in some earplugs. This happens not only during the week, but also around 10-11 on the weekend. I'm starting to get the shakes.
- I took my 9 year old sister bowling yesterday. She enjoyed herself once she started knocking some pins down, but I think she expected to bowl a 160 like she does on the Wii. I hope she doesn't expect to pick up baseball or golf that easily either.
- So Puzzlequest is an absolutely amazing game. I started playing it, and it seemed like a more advanced game of Bejeweled. No. It's about 1000 times better. I know it's been around for a while, but an RPG puzzle game? Genius! I'm officially hooked.
- No matter who you voted for, remember to pray for Obama now - anyone in there needs all the help they can get.
- Wrath of the Lich King comes out soon. I hope it's good for those of you still playing. I get the itch now and then, but that's all it ever is.
- I have been doing some reading on cryptology, or the study of secret code. It's really interesting actually - I think I could get into that. Trouble is, in the last 20 years with computers being what they are, the field is almost inaccessible. It's a shame really. But it's enjoyable to me.
Monday, November 10, 2008
More random thoughts
Well, I got yelled at over the weekend by Bill, so let's try to sum up some thoughts from the last few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He's Back! Nice post Dan. Sorry for yelling at you, i just felt so empty without my weekly updates of your thoughts. The sesame street clips are classic. Its crazy, that was one of the two or three children shows on when i was young. GI Joe and Ninja Turtles soon followed though. I played a demo of puzzle quest...18 times. Its a great game, i really should pick up one of the updated versions. I have been playing Oblivion for ps3 alot lately. I started playing fallout3, but quickly realized that as good of a game as fallout is, i like the middle ages more than a post-nuclear future. Since I had never even started the main quest after playing over 100 hours of oblivion, i decided it was time to give it another go. Little big planet is also alot of fun to play, but its novelty wears off playing alone, and the people you end up grouping with in random levels are rather annoying. Tales of Symhonia 2 comes out tomorrow for the Wii, might be time to dust off the little white box and see if it still works!
Sorry to hear about your cranky neighbor situation. I've been mastering the guitar on heavy in RB2. I'm kinda hitting the point like in DDR where my actions are more of a reflex than a thought out movement. Other than that this whole married thing really cuts into video game time. I've been curious about Gametap and would love to relive some glory days, but I know I don't have the time for it. Let me know when you're up for a rock'a'thon. I haven't heard any complaints from my neighbors yet.
I would check to see if your complex has any kind of official "quiet hours" type policy. If you're not violating that, I'd say as long as your being reasonable with the volume, he can't really say anything.
2.8 million copies of Wrath of the Lich King sold in 24 hours, and you werent one of them? madness! how is everyone doing? thought i would post again since dan decided not to.
Post a Comment