Interesting this should be asked this weekend. In recent history, in the post-WoW era of my life, I've been spending more time with my family. Some of that was long due, but some of it was honestly boredom. It's funny how WoW can fill the time so easily. It had the huge advantage of being able to hop online for even an hour and run an AV or an instance or something to fill the time. Heck, even farm for 15 minutes and feel like you were being productive.
Without that, I've been watching a bit more TV...mostly Pens games, but some Scrubs and South Park as well. However, I've found a plethora of new games to try out.
The first one that I got was Guitar Hero III for the Wii. This is Nick's Wii, but I paid for half of the game...and here is why. Bill (many of you know him as Bootz) got the game and brought it over. I was hooked. I've always enjoyed music, but have never really had the great motor skills with my fingers to be good at guitar. I'm sure if I practiced more, I'd get better. But I can't just sit down with a bass guitar and play for fun. It just doesn't work that way. With Guitar Hero, you can rock out to some of your favorite songs (I love classic and 80's rock) and feel like you're playing along. I've gotten pretty good in the last few weeks, and I enjoy it a lot.
Another game I started to play was Bill's idea. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. It is my kind of game. Nick also bought Super Mario Galaxy, which is just classic. So I spent a good bit of time playing those games.
This weekend, Justin and I went to Best Buy at 4:30 in the morning and bought the Orange Box. It contains Half Life II, and its Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and Team Fortress II, all for $25. Team Fortress is addicting beyond all belief, and I'm not too far into Half Life II, but it's good so far.
I'll probably review these games in depth once I play them more, but that's what I've been playing. I missed a lot of good games in the last year and a half, and while I enjoyed WoW, it feels like I have to play catchup now. And so far, it's been a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Did you steal the list of games I want to play or what? I just got Mario Galaxy. I'm looking to get Orange Box, and probably Guitar Hero III. Maybe I'll stop over to play some first to see how it goes.
I want to play Portal so badly! The trailer looks so sweet, and I love the idea of a puzzle FPS. I'm in the process of acquiring a 360 from on of those "get your 360 for free" sites on the net, and so far it is working out well. It's a lot easier/less scammy than I thought. I'm very much looking forward to playing Bioshock and Mass Effect too!
Pat
Patmancombs@yahoo.com
btw, I'm playing all of the same games minus fire emblem (which is a good game itself). My fiance bought The Organe Box for me for Christmas so we should all hook up and play TF2 together. I think we'd make a good team.
I just got my Wii so I'm playing catch up with Zelda and hopefully Metroid Prime 3 soon. I wasn't sure about Mario Galaxy, but everyone has said it's awesome.
Dustin, I'll let you borrow Metroid Prime 3 if you want, I haven't played it that much but atm I'm not interested :-/
Dude! we gotta get together on TF! Give up your ID so we can put you on the friends list. I'm Shmirate. I was playing the other morning and heard a guy on vent and thought...that sounds like azi. Than i thought...I wonder what azi is up to?
Post a Comment