Last night in the Eye was a really good time. I haven't stepped foot in there before, and I've only really watched the Void Reaver fight on Youtube once, so just being there and kicking ass was a lot of fun.
It reminded me not of Karazhan for some reason, but of running the new 5 man instances when BC came out. It was very mysterious, and everyone was working hard to figure out how to defeat the trash. I remember running Mana Tombs for the first time, and having the mobs that mana burn. Youch.
It was like that last night. Yes we wiped a lot on the trash. But most groups do. We learned how some of the mobs work the hard way. But we got to Void Reaver in 2 hours. That's probably better than many groups can say. Plus, we only had one mage.
I had a really good time. I hope everyone else did too. I'm really looking forward to Sunday. I think Void Reaver is getting his ass kicked.
Just as a note to anyone wondering....Circle of Healing is not very good at all. I can see it being useful in 5 mans. And it has its uses in Void Reaver. But by the end, I was casting Renews and Greater Heals. There's no way to guarantee that everyone in group 2 will be taking similar amounts of damage around the same time. It's just impossible. I'll be going back to my usual scrub 23/38 again. I'm very disappointed. On the other hand, I've never had bigger Greater Heals thanks to all 5 points in Empowered Healing. But I'd definitely rather have Imp Divine Spirit in the raid.
A final note on last night. Everyone listened and paid attention. That means more than anything in there. We didn't have any dumb wipes. Sure a few times, people weren't where they needed to be sometimes, but that happens during fights we aren't familiar with no matter what happens. Thanks to everyone for making it a lot of fun. Can't wait for Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment