Friday, March 14, 2008

OCRemix.org

I don't remember who showed this to me first, but I wanted to share it with one and all.

Everyone knows that some of the best music ever made has been for video games. Even the classic NES games with its 4 bit sound had some classic melodies that are still catchy. So if you yearn for the greatness of old video game music, this is an awesome website.

OC Remix is a website that collects independent remixes of video game music. People will submit entries, and the music is available to download for FREE. No licenses or anything!

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Megaman II music that's there....to me that game had some of the best music ever.

Some of the remixes are techno, some are classical, some are rock n roll, and some are everything in between. And I'm sure that everyone will agree that Super Mario World / Sleigh Ride is downright awesome.

Enjoy the music from your favorite games as interpreted by these great remixers. Please share some of your favorites. Here are mine:

-Anything by Disco Dan
-Dr. Willy's Wedding, and most anything from Mega Man 2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends from high school started playing with a band that does only game music. Their stuff is incredible. Here's some links to their sites...

http://www.theoneups.com/

http://www.myspace.com/theoneups

My favorite is Super Mario Sleigh Ride.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I just realized that you linked Sleigh Ride already so ignore that.

raz said...

Those are some pretty crazy toons. Also, I thought the NES was 8bit, unless just the sound system was only 4bit.

Larry "Liontamer" Oji said...

Yeah, the NES was 8-bits, while the Genesis and SNES moved up into 16- bits, just to follow up on Adam's comment.

I'm certainly glad to read that you're enjoying the music of OCR and also keeping an open mind about the slew of genre we have throughout the ReMixes.

I hope you're also checking out the ReMixes from games you don't know; that's a great way to find new music to enjoy but also new (old?) games to check out due to curiosity with the music!

Thanks for the kind words, Trystery! We genuinely appreciate the word of mouth!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
Staff, VGMdb
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
http://www.vgmdb.net