Friday, June 20, 2008

A Few Free Demos

I don't have a lot of time, so I'll make it brief.

Team Fortress II Free Trial

This weekend, play Team Fortress II for free. Only this weekend though. If you haven't tried it, you ought to. Just as a note though, prepare to be frustrated initially. Lots of people are really really good, and it takes some time to learn the maps and the classes. If you're worried about survival and learning, try being a medic, find a big guy to heal, and stay out of the line of fire. That's usually the best way to start out. Or start out as a soldier. But watch out for spies! Download Steam to try it out.

Spore Creature Creator

The makers of spore have introduced their creature creator. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a sample from the game, and probably the first time to really get an idea of what the game is about. Download it at www.spore.com.

Have fun, and have a great weekend. Hopefully I can post more soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen all the penis monsters you've been making in the creature creator.

Trystery said...

Alright....who's the wise guy?

And how did you know?

bootstrap said...

Hilarious! Reminded me of that scene from Superbad. I have been playing a DS game called Etrian Odyssey 2. Wow, talk about challenging and addictive. Its a no frills dungeon crawler RPG. I missed out on the first one, but am definitely glad i picked this one up.

Anonymous said...

Lol, who posted the penis monster thing? It wasn't me, honestly, but it's pretty funny, lol.

Anonymous said...

Who hasn't heard of the 'penis monster problem' in Spore. I personally think it's rather ridiculous that they make this game where they tout the ability to make anything; then, when the inevitable happens and penis monsters show up they act like they never thought it would happen. I'm sure they'd have the ability to have somebody monitor the monsters that get submitted and have an adult only flag for each one. Once the game launches I'm sure there will be even worse. Like when a vagina monster eats a penis monster. LOL. Anywho just type it into youtube. They's a lot of them on there. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spore+penis&search_type=&aq=f