Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Meditation completely changes everything

So now that it's blue confirmed that Meditation is getting buffed to twice its prior effectiveness, to the point of getting back to the days of 3 piece tier 2 set bonus, I honestly don't know what to say. I mean, thanks. It's an enormous buff for me. I stack spirit like it's cool. During some raid boss fights, I've had 700 spirit. 700 spirit gives me 438 mana every 5 seconds outside of the FSR. With the old meditation, this gave me 66 MP5. Now with the new meditation, I'll get an additional 66 MP5, without being nerfed in any other way.

66 MP5 in the FSR. I average 60% of my time in the FSR. Over a 10 minute fight (Nightbane), this means I am now getting an extra 4752 mana during the fight. O. M. G.

I think a lot of the problem is that most priests liked to pretend that they were paladins. They stacked their MP5 and spammed Greater Heal Rank 1. Now, that might actually be feasible. Having close to 300 MP5, now I can spam a lower rank heal for a much longer time. Especially if I'm smart about using my Clearcasts and Bangle. This means wonders for us priests in PVE. Druids will be getting a similar buff, and shamans will be buffing their groups with an additional 20 mp5.

So the question is, why? We all know that paladin healing is somewhat OPed with their uncanny ability to spam heals on a target and never go OOM. Even in PVP, they can keep healing long after they are oom, just due to their mp5 regen and their heal efficiency. So I understand the need to equalize. But what will this mean for us priests, druids, and shamans? Will they actually use us in PVE 25 man raids now for anything other than shadow?

An interesting thought though. Now that spirit will likely come back in fashion, and dwarves/draenai are getting their fear ward distributed, are humans the ultimate PVE priests? We get desperate prayer for in a pinch, we get fear ward every 3 minutes, and we have the 10% passive spirit bonus. How about them apples.

Do all you priests who rerolled dwarves for fear ward, I pity you now. You had your fun. Now is my time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD DAMNED NIGHT ELF PRIESTS!!!! WE GET NOTHING!!! Sorry for the outburst but we all know it's true.

Jim Riegel said...

One word: STARSHARDZ!


It's the ultimate way to embarass an opponent you're kicking the crap out of.