Well, Gruul has kicked the bucket. And this all despite the following:
1. One of our 700 DPS mages being on vacation
2. Two of our higher DPS people (fury warrior and affliction warlock) being stranded without internet.
3. Only 24 people in the raid
4. No shadow priests (mana batteries)
On our final attempt, we killed him at grow 11 or 12. We even made Murien a resto druid go moonkin, and he got darned close to 500 DPS too. 14 people were above 400 DPS. 10 had over 500. 5 people above 600, 3 people above 700, and 1 person above 800.
Truly an amazing job by everyone. Everything clicked. Healing was perfect. Tanking was perfect. And everyone gets to go home feeling really really great about themselves.
I do want to say here publicly (to the 1 person who reads my blog) how proud I am of the raid in general. I've talked to a lot of people who have really stepped their game up heavily. They have done the work. They have figured out their best DPS spell rotations. They have farmed what gear they need. And most importantly, they have worked their tail-ends off to bring their A-game when it matters.
I can't see Gruul not going down from this point on. We may have some bad nights where he doesn't die, but it won't be long before he's farm-bait. Look out Magtheridon....we're closing in fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
...one person who reads your blog commenting here.
Dude, that is amazing. Alarion called me last night and told me and I was dumbfounded. I was so impressed that with all the people missing it was still accomplished. If you don't mind, could you e-mail me the combat log report un-anonymous if you're allowed to do that. I just want to see where people stood last night and where they improved. This is so huge for us. I have some videos coming of me last night waiting on my internet. They're quite funny.
There are 2
Make that 3
3 is Alarion btw
Post a Comment