I wanted to clarify in a post here why some nights, different people are allowed, or not allowed, into Karazhan.
To me, there are several classifications of raiders. There are vets, non-vets, and alts. If you want to know my definition of a vet, here it is. A vet is a dedicated raider who has been with Terra Nova, has seen the content in Karazhan, and has proven him/herself to be reliable, hard-working, and group-oriented. There are several people who are not vets right now, but who are very very close. These people have earned the right to join us deeper into Karazhan. They are helpful, they take instructions, they have worked on their spec and their gear on their own.
Non-vets aren't necessarily poor players. They in many ways could be noobs. They could be people who simply haven't been with TN long enough to prove themselves. These people I want to have join our raids in order to prove themselves. They need to be able to see what TN stands for and to join in the comradery. At the same time, they need to have some incentive to improve. Many people have the misconception that better gear is all it takes to improve. Seeing a player improve their skills by adjusting talent spec, spell rotation, and take interest in improving is what makes a non-vet into a vet....not simply the amount of time that they've raided with us.
Finally, the topic of alts. One might think that they belong with the vets, since they have been around as vets for a long time. They have seen the content...they do all that is required of them to be a vet. However, there is one fundamental difference. The gear that they acquire is not going to be used to help the raid. The goal of the raid is to see 25 man content. Having gear is necessary to do that. When an alt is running Karazhan, it's acquiring gear, which is fine. But it isn't acquiring gear to benefit the guild's raid. That's the fundamental difference.
I hope this explains the raid makeup that has been happening. Fortunately, the influx of non-vets is slowly starting to prove themselves and are drastically improving. And I don't believe this will be an issue as long as everyone works and pulls their own weight.
As we merge groups together, we may not be able to continue this policy, which I would understand...it's a bit heavy handed. But I do feel it's a fair way of getting players to work harder and to improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I'm pretty much in agreement on your definitions and distinctions Trys. Additionally, I think that it does make sense to have less experienced folks get in on the early bosses to see the elephant and swap out when it's past the easy stuff. This will allow them to get some rewards and will also help them to see the kinds of things that the vet players do that makes them vets.
Without a good example, it's tough for people to see what it is that's being asked of them. No complaints with the way you're working things - I think they continue to help the guild get stronger for the 25 man content.
Post a Comment