Monday, August 20, 2007

Staying Positive

Have you ever had a really terrible night? I mean the kind of night where nothing seems to go right. Last night, we didn't start until 6:30 server, and we had 5 bosses to down. We downed Shade and Nightbane pretty handily. But when we got to Prince, we wiped three times, all due to the infernal spawns foiling us at every turn. They would surround us, land on top of us, do anything to prevent us from winning. We even wiped at 1% once.

May I borrow the saying, "When the going get tough, the tough get going." I asked everyone for their A-game on the next attempt, and wouldn't you know it, no deaths. Then we went and one shotted Netherspite and Illhoof too.

Gear and skill mean a lot in a raid. But a lot of it is attitude. It's really easy to lose focus when things are going poorly. But I think that it speaks volumes about our guild that we can indeed win in the end. On Thursday the other Kara team wiped on Curator all night and came out on top. In Gruul, wipe after wipe after wipe led to a lot of people saying "it just isn't our night." But everyone pulled it together and got Maulgar down. That is the kind of attitude that we need to be successful. And I'm proud to say that we have it indeed.

No comments: