Sunday, August 26, 2007

Old Hillsbrad on Heroic

For anyone who has tried Old Hillsbrad on heroic mode...yeah it's awful.

Everyone has to be on the ball. Tanks, healers, DPS, everyone. It's meant to be difficult, but it's beyond that. It's ridiculous.

At any rate, Murien, Rubix, Alarion, Bootz, and I went in there. We wiped a lot. But we got through the awful part of burning the buildings, killing the first boss, escorting Thrall, or "The Sheep Breaker" as we like to call him, and killing the second boss. We escorted him to Tarren Mill, and met up with Tabitha. We engaged the final boss encounter. It was sloppy due to lack of experience. However, we figured out a strategy that would work well, and I do believe we would have dropped the final boss after the initial wipe.

So we zone back in, and the encounter is supposed to reset back to when Thrall is standing in front of Tabitha. This never happened. We had the final boss standing out in the middle instead. So when we couldn't find Thrall, we decided to engage the boss.

We got him down to 1% and wiped. Now it isn't what you're thinking though. It wasn't a true 1% wipe. He was at 1% for over a minute. Since Thrall wasn't there, he was unable to die. So, we kited him around for a bit, hoping Thrall would appear. No such luck.

So in conclusion, we all had around a 25g repair bill and all we got was 2 Badges of Justice.

I submitted a GM ticket, but of course they say that it's working as intended, and if Thrall dies you cannot kill the boss. Now in a future patch, they'll be changing the number of resets from 3 to 10, so that was a load of shit. The GM also said to reset the instance when I pointed out that you cannot reset a heroic instance. Then after waiting a while, he mentioned that a "soft reset" (meaning zone out and back in in 45 minutes) would reset the encounter. That's a load of shit too...I'm not waiting 45 minutes to fight the boss again.

At any rate, we weren't too pleased with the situation. I really hope they do something about that fight, because it is very buggy. Just a warning to you all. Stay away from heroic Caverns of Time, unless you have lots of gold, lots of time, and are wanting to smash any pride that you may have.

In other words, I'll be trying it again soon.

2 comments:

bootstrap said...

LOL, nice post tryst. Screw GM's. They told me "they are aware of the situation, and are working around the clock to fix it.." MY ASS around the clock. oh well man, we'll get him next time.

Anonymous said...

I made a GM ticket one time for something. They sent me a tell saying they didn't want to talk to me because I like Harry Potter porn. WTF?