Let me take a quote from Family Guy and start off by saying, you know what really grinds my gears? The priest forums.
Seriously, I go there occasionally to sneak a peek at the next nerf or patch or anything really that's going on. Sometimes I wonder if those people actually play the game because they are posting all the time.
Anywho, they are the people who I can't stand as priests. They whine and moan and complain that we are so unbalanced. Paladins can heal more efficiently than us. NOT true, if you know how to maximize your mana regen. Sure they can stack crit gear to get free heals, but they can't really use spirit to its maximum capacity. And what about things like Renew and Prayer of Mending? Extremely mana efficient spells that paladins can't compare to.
A lot of them cry about how easily or how terribly they heal things. Then you look at the gear they have on, and it's incredibly good or terrible, usually depending on the things they've been saying. (That's another thing I find dumb...people discrediting other people by the gear they have on. You don't need to have amazing gear to know how to play.)
OK, enough of that, because I still read the forums everyday, so I can't whine.
I found a priest with some crazy gear. Cerelia. Her spec is comparable to mine, with a few exceptions (sad that this is the case with every non-shadow raiding priest) She has Divine Spirit and Gift of the Wild, and she's sitting on 1783 +healing and 183 mana per 5. She also has over 9K mana and 396 mana regen outside of the 5 second rule.
So without looking at her gear, you're thinking...tier 4? Not one piece. Kara loot? Yes...she has her cloak (Prince), bracers (Maiden), wand (Wizard of Oz), boots (Shade), and gloves (Attumen) all from Karazhan. But the rest of her gear is....you guessed it. 2 pieces of Whitemend, 3 pieces of Primal Mooncloth. Sha'tar Rep weapon, quest reward offhand, trinkets from regular instances, rings from rep (one from AQ40...), necklace from badges.
I guess my point is, I could be VERY close to having her kinds of numbers. But I don't. Why is that? Why do I feel the need to stack spirit? With Divine Spirit, I have 1485 +healing and 112 mana per 5, but I also have 9K mana and 444 mana regen outside of the 5 second rule.
I'm going to need to start looking at my gear and see really if I'm gimping myself by stacking spirit, because there are other important stats that I may be missing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way Trys. It seems that most of the DPS warriors I run into have more health, more strength, more crit than I do and we'll both have the same gear in general. Is there a racial difference with stats?
Post a Comment