Friday, May 25, 2007

Heroic Durnholde

This is the second time that I've been in heroic Durnholde, and it's the second time I've come out of there with over 8 gold in repairs. Boy is it rough.

I think that the key is keeping track of the patrols. There are 3 patrols that respawn after 15 minutes! There is no way you can finish the 5 pulls in the cabins in that amount of time. Just no way. So you need to be smart about when you pull the pats and when you wait for them to respawn. We wiped a few times when we got a patrol add at the end of another pull.

We did however figure out how to handle the Wardens. First of all, do NOT attempt this place without 2 chainable crowd controls (ice trap, polymorph, seduce all work. MAYbe Sap + blind would work, but it would probably not be long enough.) If you have a pull with 2 Wardens, you need to break their line of sight to use basic crowd control. They will instantly dispel any crowd control on any other guys. So the key is bringing one inside of one of the cabins. This worked flawlessly. Also plan on bringing a priest or a paladin to heal for a few reasons. One, I had to Fade more times than I can count. When you have the tank trying to handle 2-3 guys, and you have to heal a lot, it means Agro-city. Also, the Wardens do an AOE fear, and you need to dispel it off of the tank quickly. Maybe a really good druid with quick bear-reflexes could do it. Not to frown upon druid healers, but it would be a real challenge.

I do have to mention that I have a 66 warlock, Tokanius. He's an alchemist, and he just made Trystery 9 Major Mana Potions and 40 Elixirs of Draenic Wisdom. I <3 him!

But I respecced from demonology to destruction with him. I wanted to comment on this. If you want to talk about pretending to be a fire mage, this is it. My current spec at level 66 is 0/21/35. And I assure you, having Demonic Sacrifice is almost essential for farming as a fire lock. Longevity isn't a strong point. I tried to farm with a pet out, and it did nothing for me. I ran out of health and mana way too quickly, and my pet couldn't hold agro after I crit once (which is the whole point). So here's what I did:

I sacrificed a Voidwalker to have 2% of my health given back to me every 4 seconds. I have 6400 HP, so with Fel Armor up, this comes to about 154 health every 4 seconds. I pull with Immolate, then Incinerate, then Fear, then Incinerate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Searing Pain til they die. If 2 Incinerates crit, they die before I can Conflag. Then I Lifetap twice, and by the time I finish killing the 2nd mob, my health is at full again.

I do think that Destruction is viable for raiding, but not without Demonic Sacrifice. DS is HUGE for longevity. Anyway, this is my thoughts on this build.

No comments: