Well, last night's Karazhan run moved faster than any other. We downed Attumen, Moroes, the Maiden (FINALLY), the Big Bad Wolf (again...grrrr), and the Curator. It was around 1:15 AM when we finished. If we hadn't had some problems with Moroes or the Curator, we would have probably finished around 12:30, which means we could TECHnically finish the first night at Curator in 3 hours, which would be sweet.
Class makeup makes me want to cry for the Curator fight. We had to have our pally sit to get another DPSer in there. The fight is SO much easier with 3 healers, but we did just fine last night with only 2. The trouble is when one of the ranged DPS classes is an affliction warlock. It just isn't their kinda fight. Patricles has mentioned to me over and over that he would go destruction, but affliction warlocks are so incredibly useful in a lot of situations. Also from a group makeup standpoint, unfortunately we had our last mage get his tier 4 gloves. If it had been Patricles, he would have been able to sit for the fight instead of a mage. But fortunately, we have some awesome members on our team who don't mind sitting out particular fights.
I'm really looking forward to tonight when we down the Shade and then can get some chances at Illhoof. I know a lot of people would like to skip straight to the Prince, but I would rather focus on a boss that requires as little trash clearing as possible. Tier 4 helms would be nice, but so would other epics.
So I grabbed the Whitemend Hood 2 nights ago and put some nice gems in it. I had to sacrifice 29 spirit to get an extra 40 healing and 13 mana per 5. While it pains me to lose spirit, it's my first step on my way to a mana per 5 set. Also the Curator dropped the healing shoulders which give 10 mana per 5 AND 22 spirit. No stamina, but I didn't die at all on trash last night, so maybe I'm turning around :-P
Anyway, the Whitemend plus these healing shoulders give me 481* mana per 5 outside of 5 second rule (I'd like to get back up to 500 ideally) and gives me an additional 12-13 mana per 5 during casting. (I'm up to 126* now. Need to get this to 150 if I can.) Someone I saw in armory had 200 mana per 5 when casting, but maybe only 300 mana per 5 when casting. This is a priest pretending to be a paladin. These priests frustrate me...they've never learned when to heal and when to NOT heal. That is more important. Last night on our successful attempt against the Curator, I saved a LOT of mana during the first phase, and Murien said that he was almost out. I had to bust my butt a little to try and lighten his load. There are times to heal, and times to let others heal. Only you and your fellow healers can get used to this. Many people use mods like "Rise and Shine: Incoming Heals" back in Molten Core. I like smaller 10 mans and healing organization instead...it makes you think and work harder.
At any rate my next goal for gear is the Whitemend Pants, which will increase my mana per 5 and +healing by a lot, but lower my spirit. I'll be using these 2 pieces that give no spirit as huge contributions toward my +healing and mana per 5, and hopefully making up for the lost spirit on other gear. Hopefully I can get to the point of not needing the Aura of the Blue Dragon to make up for my lack of mana per 5 gear. (Also hopefully I can get these made without breaking the bank. :-/)
*These numbers include being buffed with Fort, Spirit, Int, and having an Elixir of Draenic Wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Netherspite might be an option instead of Illhoof. If I remember correctly, Netherspite and Curator are basically the last two mobs with trash respawn tied to them. Or at least, obstructive trash. I could well be wrong on that so it's worth the research, but if you're looking at a third night, it'll be easier if you drop Netherspite tonight. And great work BTW. Saro
Post a Comment