Briefly, this is a link to my talents.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?504200013050012000000234051000322130531030000000000000000000000
Here's why I have these.
I'm not going to go into all that much detail...I'll probably save that for another post. The main points I want to mention are the points in Silent Resolve, Mental Agility, Imp Divine Spirit, Holy Specialization vs. Inspiration, Healing Prayers vs. Spirital Guidance, Lightwell, and Holy Concentration.
I should start out by mentioning this is a full out PVE healing spec. If I specced hybrid, or specced PVP, it would be much different.
Silent Resolve: Many priests have said, why bother with points in here? Most of them assume I'm always running with a paladin...not so. In addition, when I do, I don't need Salvation usually, and this allows me to get away with having Kings or Wisdom. I feel it's much better than any of the other possibilities at this level...I rarely use PW:S, and if I'm hit, I'm dead (
Martyrdom). One point in Absolution....maybe. I've thought about it, but I'm afraid of going too much lower than 16% reduction.
Mental Agility: Ahh the points most people don't understand. They think that these points should go elsewhere, even for PVE. I don't understand why. This affects all of your buffs (which is a lot), Renew, PW:S, Prayer of Mending, SW:P, SW:D, Fade, and all sorts of other little abilities (Levitate, Feedback :-P). My point is, this is a lot of mana over a long period of time, if people really thought about it. (Seeing as my primary spells are GHeal, Prayer of Mending, and Renew, I love this talent.)
Imp Divine Spirit: I think everyone would agree that Divine Spirit is huge. But why Imp Divine Spirit? The way I see it, is Spiritual Guidance in the Holy Tree is not even as good as this. Why not toss a bit extra +damage/healing on the party? Especially those tree druids, who love spirit. I have over 600 Spirit raid buffed, and this gives me over 150 to damage and healing. And that's just for me.
Holy Specialization vs. Inspiration: Why go Holy Specialization? Cause without it, my crit rate is a pathetic 10%. Inspiration would rarely proc. Not worth it to me.
Healing Prayers: I've thought about this one as well. I got this back when POM was spammable, cause I used it all the time. Now people are saying this talent isn't nearly as good. I will say...it's rare that I use Prayer of Healing, so it wouldn't be for that. However, without this talent I have a 351 mana POM. With 2 points into it, It costs me 281. That's 70 mana saved every 10 seconds (since I use it almost everytime it's up.) 35 mana per 5 in essence. I think it's not a bad deal. Whether it's worth an extra 10% of my spirit being damage/healing, I'm not certain (around 65ish). I'm thinking 65 damage and healing is worse than 35 mana per 5, so I stick with it.
Lightwell: Oh boy do I get reamed for this. But it's really huge for a lot of boss fights that are mana intensive. Toss it out for the Maiden's fight for the rogues to use. Toss it out for the Curator so DPS can click it before they hit him during the Evocate. But my favorite place for it is in PVP. 2v2 matches, usually I'm the first to die. If it's down to 1v1, and my rogue or hunter is low, they can use Lightwell to keep themselves up a little while longer. And it's only one point. I think it's worth it, especially for a lot of the 5 man Heroics when you're too busy healing the tank and can't bother healing the guy who just got cleaved.
Note: If your party doesn't use it, it's worthless. Find teammates who use it, or MAKE them use it.
Holy Concentration: My favorite. I love free heals, especially ones that keep you out of the 5 second rule. My favorite move is to have this proc, then cast a big heal, then cast Inner Focus with a big heal. That's a lot of time to regen, since Clearcasting doesn't put you in the 5 second rule. When you stack spirit like I do, it's a very small innervate, but it can sometimes be enough to save a wipe.
If anyone has any comments on my spec, feel free to post suggestions. I'm always open to feedback.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment