Monday, May 28, 2007

Shade of Aran goes down

Not only that, but he went down in style last night. We one shotted him.

It helped that everyone had beaten their heads against him for a while pre 2.1. The counterspelling was excellent, the crowd control/DPS on the elementals was phenomenal, and everyone did a great job staying alive during the Pyroblast.

What a night. We started around 9:20 PM (6:20 server) and finished at 2:30 AM (11:20 server). We downed Attumen, Moroes, Opera (Big Bad Wolf), Curator, Shade of Aran, and Chess Event.

Burdin, our paladin, is still wearing a lot of greens and such. Well, was. We got healing loot from almost every boss. Gloves from Attumen, Boots from Moroes, Cloak from Big Bad Wolf, tier 4 gloves from Curator, and mail healing leggings from Chess. He's decked out in epics now. Couldn't have happened to a better guy though. He and Eraagon were class acts last night. They are relatively new to the group, and both didn't mind sitting a few fights, especially Eraagon who sat 3 of the fights. Hopefully we won't need to do that anymore...I hate catering groups to fights.

I finally found a use for Binding Heal. For pulls where you know agro is gonna be an issue (like the big groups on the way to Moroes), using it instead of Flash Heal may waste some mana, but it's a low threat spell. You won't pull agro, and if you do, you're still healing yourself. It's a great spell now.

All in all, we had an excellent night. I hope we can get to Curator on Tuesday. Ideally, I'd like to get Maiden down too, now that we have a pally and a resto druid. I know we can do it. Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera to back-door seem like a decent first night, as long as we're going 3 nights. If we start doing Gruul every Wednesday (which I have no problems with) we may have to start a little earlier just to get more content done.

Anyway, I'm pumped that we got the Shade down. Next up is Illhoof and Prince (the night we do Chess Event, we'll try Prince, otherwise we'll try Illhoof.) Great job team...you all rocked.

No comments: