Well, we took the Shade down, after we wiped on an errant Flame Wreath. Then we had a couple of tries during which we had some bad luck with getting Flame Wreaths and Blizzards during when the adds came out. Fortunately, we got him down in the end.
We also did the Chess event, and the cloth healing headpiece dropped. I will say, it's an amazing headpiece, but I'm also saying, WTF. I just spent the equivalent of 1K gold on Whitemend headpiece.
Whitemend has 15 stam, 15 int, 79 to healing, and 11 mana per 5. It also has 3 sockets, in which I put a total of 27 healing, 8 int, and 2 mana per 5 to get the 4 int bonus. Ultimately, I get the following:
15 stam
27 int
0 spirit
106 healing
13 mana per 5
Now compare that to the Headdress of the High Potentate:
37 stamina
38 int
32 spirit
81 healing
Wow. I get 22 stam, 11 int, 32 spirit at the cost of 25 healing and 13 mana per 5. Who's looking like the ass now?
Interestingly enough, I'll still keep the Whitemend and use it. However, it will be used for fights during which I need to spam heals (healing and mana per 5) like Gruul. For everyday use, I'll be using the Headdress. Can somebody shoot me in the face? Can I have my money back please?
At any rate, I also got the Boots of Piety from Heroic Mechinar. I lose 10 mana per 5 to get 5 stam, 2 int, 10 spirit, and 33 to healing. While this brings my mana per 5 back down to earlier levels which I was dissatisfied with, I think the key is that I have the potential to put on the mana per 5 gear if the situation calls for it. I'm still a spirit junkie, but I realize that there are times when I need to have mana per 5 instead.
I am currently looking for a mod that keeps track of your time in the 5 second rule during a fight, similar to damage meters. Having this would allow me to gauge what spirit is worth against mana per 5 during particular fights. For example, the Curator with 2 healers is more healing intensive than with 3. Therefore, I would be spending less time in the 5 second rule. Should I wear my mana per 5 set? Should I wear half of it? I don't know, and I need something to help me make that decision analytically.
Also, I need to get farming again for Primal Mights. I need 5 to complete the Whitemend set, which I would like to get for next week and Gruul. We shall have to see how that goes, because farming on Trystery is like being a 4 year old with one leg in an Easter egg hunt...the only way you'll get any loot is if the other people feel sorry enough for you to give you some of theirs. And trust me...Trystery doesn't look cute enough to get that.
Maybe more tomorrow morning if I feel ambitious and don't feel like working :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment