I know I haven't posted yet. Tough. I'm busy.
I wanted to post very briefly about an experience that I had with heroic Mana Tombs. I've run that place 3 times and cleared it successfully each time. Everyone who's done it knows what a pain the last boss is. I've been told that you essentially have to just burn the boss down and ignore the adds. The first time I was in there, I was in there as the only specced healer (Nermal the moonkin was with us). Tough fight, but we had enough DPS to get the job done.
Second time I went in there was with Murien, a resto druid. We get to the last boss, and we decide that since it's a DPS race, Murien would help DPS. We wiped miserably. We tried him healing and me DPSing to no avail. Finally we decided that we'd be totally crazy and try having only 2 DPS and 2 healers. Well, it was a crazy fight, but we did it. The 3rd time we were in there, we used that method again. One shot.
In closing, a lot of the times, people will say "you need X to do this." Or "you need Y to do this." We've beaten the odds before. We've 2 man healed Curator. We've done Maiden with 1 dispel. We've done Nightbane and Prince with 1 specced healer and 2 offspecs. It can be done.
Don't try to make your group fit the strategy. Make your strategy fit your group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to say I agree with this.
Know your spec and the specs of your teammates.
Know your strengths and your synergies within your team.
Know your weaknesses, then play to your strengths and adapt around your weaknesses.
And lastly, know the fight.
"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will win hundred times in hundred battles. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you win one and lose the next. If you do not know yourself or your enemy, you will always lose." - Sun Tzu
~Yim
Okay! To clarify: when I said burn him down... its cause of the team make up. When I was in there with you we had Akime, Nermal, and you... technically that could be 3 healers, but really its 1 healer and 2 very good DPS. So I suggested 'burn him down' cause the last time I was there thats what we did with 1 healer and it worked. With one healer, its the way to go cause the adds transform so fast and have so much HP in heroic its hard to control them with one healer. Now, I was -NOT- there the other 2 times... much to my regret... so I can't speak for those. In the end though, I agree! You should do what your group is made to do! But, you also have to adjust to a strat that MATCHES the group. You can't just say "lets tank and spank and heal and burn" on every fight. Just cause a boss has adds doesn't mean you always control them/fear them/burn them/ignore them cause of you're make up. There is a give and take! You have to match BOTH who you are AND what the situation/boss calls for. Not one. Not the other. BOTH BOTH BOTH!!! *snarls, foams a little at the mouth, goes back to farming elementals*
Post a Comment