Well, last night Azi and I spent about an hour just dueling. We worked on mechanics against a warrior. I didn't beat him in a single match, but I learned a lot. We learned that against a paladin, the only way to win is to run him oom. Fortunately, Gullkurack picked up a pet that stacks poisons. We beat a warrior/paladin team last night twice. Mind you they weren't geared exceptionally well, but I got a great trinket off at just the right time during one of them, and the other time I got lucky with some kiting. Gully did a great job of running the paladin low.
I am considering respeccing a few points to make myself a lot better. I'm thinking of moving 2 points from Meditation (4% mana reduction to instant cast spells) into Imp Mana Burn. A 2 second cast is incredible compared to a 3 second cast, and I should be able to beat any DPS/priest combo this way. I'm also considering moving some points from threat/dispel reduction into Martyrdom (when I'm crit, I have 6 seconds of time when spell pushback doesn't occur, and I get 20% resistance to interrupts). I don't think I'm going to go way out on a limb and get the faster Mass Dispel, but I'll be thinking about it.
I wanted to mention one final note that I find interesting. I've often thought to myself that if I focused on PVP, I would be better off. We won one game last night that we shouldn't have in the end. It was a warlock/shadow priest. About 2 minutes into the fight, we were all oom completely. Against a warlock, it's likely that we'd lose since the priest can renew the lock and he can get some mana for DPS. However, I tossed on my PVE gear. Now there were a few times that if they would have fear-locked me, I would have been toast. However, I started to regen mana a LOT faster than they did. Ultimately, this led to us having a lot more healing than the other team did, and we eventually killed them slowly. It makes me feel good to know that having good PVE gear CAN make a difference in arena, even if it's only one match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment