Now that we're complete with the Theorycraft series (you won't see the last of the Theorycraft) I can start commenting on where I'm headed. I just hit exalted with the Aldor today, so now I can make the better spell thread, and get the better shoulder enchant. I'm also 4 days away from the final piece of Primal Mooncloth. That'll be nice.
So being 4 days and 15 Primal Lifes away from an additional 54 +healing, 5 stam, and 1 mp5 (losing 12 int and 7 spirit) is nice. This may seems like a marginal upgrade, but the 3 piece Primal Mooncloth bonus will also add approximately 25 mp5 (5% of 500 MP5 outside of FSR). This will be HUGE.
It's a good thing too, because healing today in Karazhan was ROUGH. OK, I admit, we downed Nightbane, Prince, and Illhoof successfully. We one shotted Nightbane, who really isn't all that hard surprisingly. Then we wiped again and again on Prince and Illhoof, until we had a little luck in both cases and got them down.
I have the feeling I know what made the difference between tonight and other nights. No Murien. Seriously, he's that important to our group. We survived without him, but it was tough. I went through 3 mana pots for the successful Prince attempt, and was OOM and let Wynri die at 1%. I went through a mana pot for the last successful attempt on Illhoof, which we were helped through because Yimii was sacrificed three times and Iceblocked out of 2 of them.
Nermal is an excellent healer for being a moonkin. Akime is a good healer for being enhancement specced. Orelon is out of practice a little. But we made it through with their quality healing, despite them not being totally specced that way.
As a result of my being the only specced healer, it was very mana intensive. It got me thinking that I really need to look hard about my methods of getting mana back. Chuckles is awesome, but that's a 5 min cooldown. I love my trinkets, especially my Darkmoon card when it procs. But I think I need 2 trinkets that I have to proc for mana. Random chance just isn't enough for reliability. Mana on demand is what I need.
So I'm looking really hard at the Shade's trinket. It rewards me for spamming spells. The more I cast, the more MP5 I get back. I have enough shorter cast spells to make good use of it. If I cast 10 spells in the 20 second window, that's 210 MP5 for 20 seconds. That's a grand total of approximately 1260 mana since for the original 20 seconds you're getting around half of the regen. That's a lot of mana on demand.
So here's the cool part. I have a trinket that rewards me for not casting at all. This would give me a trinket to reward me for casting a ton. If I have them both on, depending on the situation, it would be nice to have them both available.
The darkmoon card has done well for me, but I hope soon I can retire it and get something that I can use on demand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment