Monday, July 30, 2007

Dueling Guide: Priest vs. Warrior

I've decided to start writing dueling guides for the different classes, since I have nothing else to write about. So on with the dueling guides!

Vs. Mortal Strike Warrior

Our one true nemesis. They can get out of fears. They can slow us down. They can reduce our healing. So how do we beat them?

To tell you the truth, I do not know. I have fought a well geared warrior several times now, and it seems that they all just outlast me. I am good at playing the outlasting game usually, and this is one time when you cannot do it.

So technically this guide is "how do I survive against a warrior beating on me in PVP?"

The simple answer is "kite him." How do you kite a warrior once they have piercing howl or hamstring on you? You don't. So you don't let them get one on you. If you are in arena, mount up. Keep out of line of sight. If you see them in battle stance, have a teammate hit them to get them in combat so they have to use their zerker charge. If you can manage to kite the warrior, he will start hitting something else probably.

However, if you have a warrior on you, you have to stay alive somehow. Obviously your fear isn't going to do diddly squat. thanks to Death Wish and Zerker Rage. But you can reduce the number of things he does to you. Most warriors aren't a fan of Mind Control. It has a 3 second cast time, but they will likely pummel you. If they don't, run them away behind an object if possible. Hopefully you have a renew on yourself so you can heal.

The key is to keep them out of rage! You ask, "How? When they take damage, they get rage." This is true. But a DOT or a Wand doesn't give them much. Forcing them to pummel you often, keep hamstring up, and keep Mortal Strike up is quite rage intensive. Yes MS hurts, but it takes at least 30 rage.

The short answer is, I can't beat a warrior (or a rogue). Ask someone who can. But I can keep them somewhat ineffective. Shield, POM, and Renew yourself as much as you can, and try to run. After they've pummeled your Mind Control, try GHealing. See if they burn their fear.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know...I don't think it's possible unless you have a ton of +damage/resilience gear and a disc. spec build.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock always beats scissors.