Last night we ran Karazhan with 2 new people, and 1 person who was relatively new. Chloes the warlock, and Doofis and Zalphrin the hunters joined us. As a result of having so many new people, we struggled to down Moroes initially and wiped once on Curator as well. While we didn't down Shade, we downed Nightbane, which means we only have Shade, Illhoof, and Prince (and Netherspite) to go on Sunday. Not bad. We also got Chloes and Doofis some good gear. I think Doofis got 2 items and Chloes got 2 as well. Zalphrin got 1.
I will not call Zalphrin a noob since he knows a lot about being a hunter. He needs some gear and some experience, and could perhaps use a pointer or two. Doofis and Chloes are very new to the game. They leveled their characters, but most of you know how easy it would be to level a hunter and a warlock. Send the pet, cast a spell, they be dead. However, I believe that the warlock is the most difficult class to fully learn and understand. There are so many different options and ways to do damage that to truly master it, it takes a lot of time and research. Hunters are similar...everyone knows that bad hunters exist and that good hunters are hard to find. Why is this? Hunters and warlocks are hard to learn how to be good.
So what does this mean for our friends Chloes and Doofis? They improved drastically just last night. Chloes asked me for a decent talent build, and I gave him the popular 40/0/21 since he wasn't a fan of Unstable Affliction. He was hesitant at first because he'd always had his stamina increased by 15% from demonology. However, after last night, he told me that he LOVES his spec. He learned how to drain life tank. He learned how to use Curse of Doom on Curator. He remembered to give out Healthstones and a Soulstone regularly. He got a lot better. Doofis also did a great job, although I don't know enough about a hunter to know how much better he did.
What I'm asking for is for the vets of this game to take some new people under your wing. Chloes needed me to tell him how to spec. How to use Drain Life. How to use his curses. Now that he sees and understands why I had him do that, he is really enjoying Karazhan and his spec. However, he has a long way to go still. This is what we need to work with him on still, and it is gonna take a full time warlock and not a full time priest to get him where he needs to be. Same thing with Doofis and all of the other people.
So I'm asking if you could take some time out of your playing to talk to all of these new faces. We'll probably be seeing them in Gruul's Lair tonight, and you'll start seeing them crop up in Karazhan runs very soon as well. I'd like to see Chloes and Doofis in 2-3 weeks time and not have to call them noobs. Noob is a derogatory word meaning inexperienced. Gear and experience are only half of the battle. The other half is being able to think about your class and make decisions for yourself about how you want to play and how to be more effective. But they need a little help getting there. Please help them out whenever you can. They will truly appreciate it, as will I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment