Well, I went into Karazhan hoping that we'd get a new boss down, but not really expecting it. Boy was it an amazing night.
On Illhoof, 150 FR made a huge difference, as Patricles hardly needed healed. Sure the fight was long and intense, but the DPS did a phenomenal job, and the healers weren't so bad either.
Then we went to Nightbane, and I expected a lot of wipage. My expectations were true, but little by little we wheedled him down lower and lower. First we got through the first phase 2 with 2 people dead. The next time we had 1 person die and got to the second phase 2. The next time we got to phase 2 again and had more people up. At some point, it finally clicked, and we got him down to 20%, and I had actually died during the first phase 2. I don't remember if we had one more shot before we downed him, but we got a little boost from one of our raiders' pally alts. He gave us a blessing, which helped us get over the hump (we need a pally BADLY). Personally, I'm under the impression that we would have gotten him down without the pally buffs. We'll never know now, but we'll be trying again next week I hope.
The crazy part of tonight was the control that I felt I had over the group. I would see Illhoof at 24% and would say, "Look he's at 24%. Lets kick his ass." "Look he's at 6%...we aren't wiping, are we? Get him." And even if the DPSers weren't doing anything differently, it seemed like they were. It was an amazing feeling.
Nightbane is an awesome fight. We finally figured out how to keep everyone alive, and everyone just gelled. It was crazy awesome.
Congratulations to everyone who took part, and to everyone who helped us get this far. Once we get Netherspite down, we can say that we're totally clearing Karazhan!
(PS: I'm posting tonight because tomorrow is going to be a sickly busy day at work...for once. YAY! Money making time!)
I'll post more on our strats tomorrow night when I feel more coherent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Didn't see you last night so I'll say it here - Fantastic work Black team! You guys are kicking ass!
I think we'll drop Curator the next time we see him (our third visit to him) - we got him to 42% last night after a couple of tweaks and I think everyone has a better handle on the fight and what is required from the DPS.
Saro
Post a Comment