Sunday, June 3, 2007

Making your Goals a Reality

Too many times I run into players who talk about a specific goal that they'd like to achieve. "I want to get 1500 attack power." "I want to have 1750 +healing." "I want to have a 40% chance to dodge." And I want to ask these people if they've invested in greens that only give that stat. I ran across gloves the other night that gave over +100 to healing, but nothing else. Wearing that gear you could easily do it.

But people tell me that they need their other stats as well. What is a rogue without stamina, dodge, crit, AND attack power? What is a priest without stamina, intellect, spirit, mana per 5, AND +healing? What is a feral druid without attack power, armor, crit, AND dodge? They aren't worth much. This is totally correct. So, how do you achieve your goal of getting that stat up to where you want it?

Blizzard creates itemization that makes sense. The better gear is harder to get to. Currently, self buffed, I have 423 Stamina, 510 Int, 581 Spirit, +1500 healing, 11.61% crit chance on a heal, 446 MP5 outside of the FSR, and 111 MP5 inside of it. Would it be realistic for me to shoot for 450 Stamina, 525 Int, 600 Spirit, +1600 healing, 13% crit chance, 500 MP5 outside of the FSR and 125 MP5 inside of it? Unless I said I was going into the Black Temple tomorrow, this is absurd. Trying to increase all of your stats to a higher level is impossible, unless you are planning on raiding somewhere new.

However, I personally have a goal of reaching 150 mana per 5 inside of the FSR. How am I going to go about this? It would have to be by sacrificing other stats. Maybe I could lose some spirit, or stamina, or intellect, or +healing. These are the hard decisions. This is when you need to decide which stats are worth more to you.

Currently, my gear (without any talent adders) gives me 263 stam, 325 int, 333 spirit, 1355 healing, and 33 MP5. To get an additional 39 MP5, maybe I would need to swap my Darkmoon Card for my Shard of the Scale for an extra 16 MP5 (I will be doing an article about my Darkmoon Card later.) Sure it'd be nice to have both, but until we are killing Gruul and Magtheridon and going into Serpentshrine or Tempest Keep, it isn't gonna happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is to be realistic about your goals. You can make them happen, but you need to realize that with every benefit, there comes a cost.

No comments: