Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dueling a Hunter as a Holy Priest

Last night I "dueled" Gullkurack, one of the best hunters that I know. We were in the Blades Edge Arena, fighting each other, along with some friends. After a while it became an epic duel to the finish. I was in my PVP gear to max my resilience, and I was running out of mana all over the place. I was also low on water, so I got out of combat and tossed on my healing gear for lots of regen. From that point on, I had no problems staying alive. Imp Viper sting does drain 1700 mana over 8 seconds, but when you regen that much every 15-20 seconds, it doesn't matter as much. I focused on keeping renew and shadow word: pain up, and it was easy to kite him. Every once in a while he was able to get me into a trap, and when he did, I immediately shielded while running toward him, then renewed, then feared him and his pet when I could. If I could manage to get off a mana burn, I did that as well. Eventually, through attrition, by keeping out of line of sight whenever I could, I would get to the point of being able to 2 shot him.

Any mana class CAN be kited and CAN be killed in this way. When you run them out of mana, you're in good shape. This is why I can't stand rogues and warriors...there's no way to draw out the fight successfully. Eventually, they will outlast you. Sad but true.

No comments: