Monday, June 11, 2007

Prince is Down

I'm postponing my Healing vs. MP5 Part 2 post in favor of the newest exciting news. We downed the Prince last night. It took us re clearing once, so it was a lot of attempts. Right around 40%, Wynri was dying over and over again. Apparently, the Prince does a double hit for around 4500 (6500 crit) apiece. Once Wynri took 2 crushing blows for over 14K damage (he has 15K health).

Needless to say, we needed to make some adjustments. I had Nermal (who was healing EXTREMELY well for a moonkin, well done Nermal) and myself always casting a heal and cancelling it if Wynri didn't need it. On the final attempt, this actually worked and saved him through a couple of those double hits.

Amazingly, phase 2 was the biggest problem for us. The first time that we got him to phase 3, we were standing in the middle of the area, and we got pummeled by infernals. I kid you not, pummeled was the word....wish I'd gotten a screenshot.

On the last attempt we were along the wall, and we didn't get an infernal landing on us until around 10% or later...it was wonderful to finally have some luck on our side.

Of course, the rogue/pally/shaman tier 4 item dropped, and we had none of these classes with us. Why does Blizzard hate us like this? We did get the hunter bow and we got the melee DPS/tank ring.

I have to commend the whole group for staying focused through a couple of rough attempts.

I also have to commend our arena 5v5 team for having a good week. Our record was something like 7-3, and we gained a lot of points this week. We had excellent class makeup in there last night, with myself, Nermal, Rubix, Patricles, and Azi. The only loss we had was against a triple mage group, when they all popped arcane power and instacast pyroblasted Azi to hell. He survived surprisingly, but not when they all fireblasted him. :-(

Overall it was a great night last night. Looking forward to downing Prince more often and getting to the point of having him on farm. More tomorrow (or later today) with news on GHeal downranking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trystery, remind me to tell you about my idea for a video introduction to Black Team. I'd like to film that next week.

Azi