Well, we got Attumen through the Shade down last night. Only wiped a few times, mostly on trash when people were still getting rezed or someone was AFK. Definitely is going to make tonight or Sunday, depending on whether or not we do Gruul, much easier.
I want to mention here how different Karazhan can be when everyone works as a team and doesn't mind splitting time. Last night, we had 12 people. One person was still running an instance and sat out the first three bosses. Another was running late and sat out the first two. No matter where we were at, people were always willing to sit if they needed to, even if they happened to need loot from someone (best example is Shaena the hunter sitting for Curator, even though she needs tier 4 gloves.) As a result of people being so considerate, we flew through and one shotted everything but the Shade. The Shade was a thrilling fight at the end. We downed the adds, and had around 7-8 people left. The healers started running out of mana. People were dropping here and there. There were three of us left at 3%. Finally the hunter dropped at 1%, leaving me (the holy priest) and Murien (the resto druid). According to Murien, he downed a pot and moonfire spammed him for the win. That was a crazy good feeling to down him under those circumstances.
Again we had no paladin, which is why we ran oom during the Shade fight. However, we had our feral druid heal for the Maiden and for the Curator. He did a bangup job. I was very impressed....his gear wasn't even that good. Hopefully he can pickup some better healing gear, but even so he knows what he's doing.
Lastly, I wanted to mention again how skilled everyone seems to be. I know for a fact that when we chose 10 people originally, we chose them based on their ability to perform. On skill, not gear. As such, even though 3 of the original are gone (including Bootstrapbil cause he's dropped off of the face of the earth :-P), we have skilled players. They feed off of each other. I notice a change in people from the first time they join through to the end. Because we have 3-4 people fighting for the top of the damage meters, it inspires the rest of the group to push themselves. This makes a big difference from back in MC when there were a few people at the top of the damage meters and the people who weren't there figured ahh what the hell, who cares.
Thanks to all 11 of the people who joined me last night, and everyone who usually runs with us. We tear stuff up because we have skill. And as time goes on, we are getting some kickass gear too. I see no limit to what we can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've seen similar changes in Blue Team - it's been rather frustrating lately not having enough folks around since we're happily one-shotting the bosses we face. The real issue we're facing is starting an hour late and running into east coast midnight as the 'Need to stop' time. We can clear Attumen, Moroes and Opera in about 90 minutes, and at that point we just don't have the time to go do a 45 minute trash clear to face a new boss (Curator). When we schedule for the return, we've been shorthanded.
The original point holds though - the difference in individual ability is what makes Karazhan an interesting place. You can see folks grow and progress in their class, not because of gear upgrades, but because of simply flat out getting better at the job they're meant to do. I've been very much impressed and pleased with folks and I suspect if enough folks can show tonight, we can pose a serious threat to Maulgar (mainly it's healing support that worries me tonight). You know its bad when I'm tempted to respec for tonight to Holy and then go back to Prot to MT Kara for Blue tomorrow.
Saro
I do see a problem with our Kara runs. It's the fact that all the damn casters out dps me. DPS warriors need to be buffed :-P. Just kidding, we're perfectly alright and the balance is great. I just wish I could compete with the amazing caster dps. Guess that's not really the point of my class. Also wanted to say thanks to Proteus for having aspect of the pack. My crit chance was over 35% last night and could've been over 40% if I had gorehowl and specced for axes. That crit chance is amazing!
I know what you mean about changing in skill level since joining the team. Having such awesome examples really helps. I can see improvement in myself and in all the others since we began to run, everyone is pushing themselves to pull their weight. the comraderie makes me feel good, and everyone is positive to the end.
Patrick
Post a Comment