I feel like I need to post something on this subject, and I don't have the will to post it on the forums. I don't want to cause drama....I just want to shed some light on the situation.
There are several people who feel that there is tension between Blue team and Black team running Karazhan. Some players on Blue team feel the deck is stacked. Some players on Black feel that there is some animosity towards us. This is something that needs to stop.
We are not Team Black and Team Blue for anything more than to differentiate what nights we go into Karazhan. Sure there are some guilds who have a Team 1 and Team 2, where Team 1 is made up of the guild leaders, and Team 2 is made up of the alts and "nobodies." This is NOT the situation at all.
So why has Team Black downed Prince twice and Team Blue hasn't even attempted Curator yet?
Several reasons. None of them include the word "skill." None of them include the words "better than."
Reason #1: Team Black began running Karazhan before most of Team Blue were even attuned. There was a group of 10 of us who wanted to see Karazhan, and realized that a guild sponsored run would be difficult to manage due to the restricted number of people who were able to go in. Thus, when the guild did indeed institute a method of running that was guild-driven, Team Black had an experience advantage. We were probably looking at Curator by the time Team Blue downed Attumen (and it took us longer to down Attumen I would like to note).
Reason #2: Team Black has more synergy and more practice playing together. Murien and I are the two main healers. We are brothers....we talk about the game outside of WoW. We strategize how we can heal better. I'm sure if Daenerys, Raystora, and Grumps were to do this, they would be working better together. It has taken more time for Team Blue's healers to get on the same page.
Reason #3: Team Black has an extremely well geared tank. From Curator on, a lot of the fights depend on a well geared tank. Wynri has run more heroics than he could probably count. Since he has the time to do it, it helps us as a group. Zeusal and Saro are excellent tanks, but they have families to worry about, so they can't run instances all the time to get the best tanking gear.
Reason #4: Team Blue has had some attendance issues as of late. There were times when they had 9 people online and couldn't find a 10th. Some nights they had 7. Some nights they had no healers. This is because several of their team members have left the guild, dropped off of the face of the earth, or stopped raiding due to RL concerns. Now that they have a crew back to raid again, they can start going 2 times a week, or even 3. This will give them the practice that they need on these fights.
I'm tired of hearing how it isn't fair that Black team has had so much success. Let me say this...I'll be anxiously awaiting Team Blue's successes here in the near future, and I look forward to sharing in that success. We are all a team guild. We want each other to succeed, and we will. Just give it some time...it'll all be worth it when we start downing Maulgor and Gruul together, as Team Black Eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you hit a fair number of good points in your post. One of the biggest keys has been how many folks went off for odd schedules and how many folks couldn't make it for various nights. It's been rather difficult to get a core group that knows the fights so when we do have new people in, it can be handled.
Additionally, there wasn't a lot of synergy between specs. Some nights we'd be very heal heavy, others very tank heavy, etc. The current mix is pretty much what is needed for Kara as far as spec balance goes and with the number of hybrids we have, it's relatively easy to bounce people between roles as the fights dictate.
As an example, while I MT things Sil, Zeusal and Alarion have all stood as the OT on various boss fights. It works out pretty well since all three are capable of shifting to other roles as well depending on need.
I think the biggest problem really was that of attendance - when we raid regularly, we make progress. When we aren't able to get folks, we have trouble. Last night we had one pure healer and three offspecs who were going in and out of damage mode as required. We had a few sticky spots, but overall it worked - as evidenced by clearing to the side door for the first time.
Tonight I fully expect to go in and beat on Curator - or get beaten by him - but either way, we'll be making attempts and moving forward. It is easy for folks to grumble about things, but honestly I'm very impressed by the progress Black team has made and I know you guys have earned it via raiding three nights a week consistently. Anyone who doesn't get that needs to -really- consider that again. Blue's progress is based off of one night a week. We learned BBW with 3 attempts. R&J with 3 attempts. We've done the fights with all kinds of weird group makeups and less than optimal approaches. It's not a question of talent difference or a stacked deck for Black - it's a very, very simple matter of 'If you don't show up, you don't learn a damned thing.' Do feel free to tell anyone on Blue that gripes about Black's success that they can take it up with me.
Saro
Post a Comment