Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Calling all Casual Shamans

Last night I ran a heroic Botanica with Zeusal (feral druid), Rubix, Gullkurack, and Akime, an enhancement shaman. And I felt like I was in a regular Botanica. No joke. Zeusal is an excellent tank, and Rubix, Akime, and Gullkurack were pushing each other for top DPS. (Boy have they nerfed heroics, and thank goodness.)

But our Karazhan group suffers because we don't have a shaman. There are several classes that not only can perform a duty well, but improve the people around them. Shamans are one, with their totems. Paladins are another, with blessings and auras. To a lesser extent, warlocks (healthstones, soulstone, curses) and shadow priests (group healing and mana regen). These "group" classes improve groups incredibly. In Karazhan, there are dreadful fights that get incredibly easier when a paladin is there. Or when a shadow priest is there. I wonder if we could have gotten Prince down if a shaman had been there. I'm willing to bet we could have. Shamans are able to adapt to all sorts of situations. They can DPS cast. They can melee. They can heal. They have totems for every kind of situation you can think of that can improve melee DPS, tanking, healing, and/or caster DPS.

Without one, our Karazhan teams suffer, just as they did when we didn't have a paladin. Unfortunately, most shamans are doing some heavy raiding with more serious guilds. If anyone knows of a shaman who is looking for casual raiding with some smart players, let me know. I'd love to have one, and I know Saro would as well for the other team.

No comments: