Thursday, June 21, 2007

King Maulgar is king no more

Last night, on our 3rd attempt, we downed King Maulgar. Never mind the fact that we waited for an hour to get enough people to come. Never mind that we had to clear the trash twice. Never mind that we lost Murien, the second healer on Wynri the MT, and picked up a non-holy paladin to take his place. The king is dead.

Everything just clicked. Saro did an excellent job positioning everyone. The DPS did a phenomenal job getting the targets down. The healers kept the tanks up as long as they needed to. And when Maulgar went berzerk, sure he killed all but 7 of us. But we downed him.

It was thrilling for me to witness....I was healing the MT, and he died only at 1%. Then he ran towards me. I Mind Blasted, Shadow Word Deathed him, and prayed. He hit me for 6K and then promptly died. I TANKED HIM!

At any rate, in all sincerity, I don't think many people expected to get him down. I know I sure didn't, but we did. Congratulations to everyone. Now I'm on my way out the door, and I think I'll do a little dance.