Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New arena season

Well, Gullkurack and I opened up our arena season with a bang. We ran 10 2v2 matches, and posted an 8-2 record, finishing the day with a 1589 rating. Not only did I feel really good about the fight, but we beat a warrior paladin combo! Not only did we beat them, we smashed them into the ground! Gully got the initial trap on the paladin, which he bubbled of course to save the warrior. Then, after I feared the pally, and he trinketed out of it, Gully trapped the pally a second time. That time, all he could do was watch his friend the warrior die.

As for me, I was able to kite the warrior, who didn't do all that much damage to me. Interestingly enough, no one did all that much damage to me. Maybe it's because I got 2 pieces of arena gear. I got the headpiece and the chestpiece. The headpiece is just amazing looking. It looks like the tier 5 priest helm, if you want to check it out on www.worldofwarcraft.com under Armor Sets. Not only do I look badass, I felt badass tonight. I have an extra 500 HP, 800 int, 150 healing, and 100 resilience. Amazing what better gear and gems will do for you.

The only losses we had were to a warlock pally combo (drain mana is dispellable.....drain mana is dispellable.....drain mana is dispellable.....) and to a hunter warrior combo (a really good warrior might I add.) They burnt Gully down, and I burnt a lot of mana keeping him alive, and the warrior got a lucky mace stun proc on me after the hunter used his stun on me. Ahh well, 8 outta 10 ain't bad. I'm looking forward to seeing what other matchups give us trouble.

As for Karazhan, we only got 3 bosses down because Murien had to go to sleep...he got a new job and needs to be up early now. So we're gonna start 30 minutes earlier and really start prioritizing our kills. Hopefully we can get back into the rhythm of downing up to the Shade the first night, even if we skip Maiden. Then the second night we can do Chess, Prince, and Nightbane at the very least. Sunday, I hope we can get Curator, Shade, and Chess at least...if we get Prince, then awesome. This will likely end up being an offweek for us, but we'll be back in action and ready to rock next week.

No comments: