Monday, June 25, 2007

Room for Error

Everyone knows that the first time you do a fight, everything has to be spotless. There can't be any dumb mistakes. Your class balance has to be reasonably good. You're barely eeking out a victory. We've finally gotten past that for both Curator and Shade. We've been past that with Curator for some time now, but it was noticeable today. Mind you we had a shadow priest, but our ranged DPS consisted of a shadow priest, an affliction lock, a hunter, a mage, and a mookie. And they killed the adds very quickly. So quickly, that it reminded me of the first time we had 6 ranged DPS on them. Having three healers helped immensely, but it seemed so easy. I had enough mana to last forever.

Then we went onto the Shade. We got him down to 40%, killed all of the adds. Then I hear Azi say "Oh no!" on vent. He moved during a Flame Wreath. It killed 5 people. Then our other healer died too. We had 4 people to get through 20% of his HP. But we did it.

It becomes amazing when you sit down and realize just how far we've come. This amazing group now has most of Karazhan on farm status. We wiped once on Prince, partially because we had some bad luck with our melee classes, partially because we didn't have the best strategy to start out. But the second time went very well. Then Murien had to leave and we decided to go to Nightbane. And lo and behold, who showed up online, but Orelon the paladin. Boy it was good to have him back. Pally buffs, plus judgement of wisdom were enough to 3 shot him (maybe it was 4, I don't recall). At any rate, I'm quite positive that we can make much better progress this week upcoming, since we will have enough people and enough healers to take a good shot at Curator and Shade. It's hard to say what bosses we'll ideally be doing the first night. We could either shoot for the first four plus Nightbane, or we could shoot for skipping Maiden and getting to Shade's room. I'm leaning toward the latter, since it would mean less clearing of trash for the first night, because clearing to Shade takes forever. But it will all depend on group makeup and how quickly we can get started.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to this week coming, when I don't think we'll need to skip Maiden or Illhoof. Woot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self:
Shade of Aran does 3 Flame Wreaths...not 2!

I saw 2 of them and thought I was clear on my right side when I ran right through Oncoi's Flame. I got shot up about 30 stories and died in mid-air. Guess it serves me right, /raidkick :-P